Almond-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serve with Fresh Spring Rolls.
- 1/3 cup almond butter Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (approximately 1/2 medium lime) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Sucanat (or other sweetener) Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon chili oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
Combine all ingredients except water into a bowl and stir; you may use a food processor or blender if you prefer. Add the water while stirring until you reach the consistency you like (add more if you like a thinner consistency, less for a thicker sauce). If you make the sauce ahead of time, add a little more water to account for evaporation. The sauce can be made up to one day in advance and kept refrigerated in a sealed container.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated at the Healthy Living Expo April 19, 2008 and at the PCC Cooks stage, Vegfest 2010.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »