- 1 egg white Add to list
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons mirin rice wine Add to list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons honey Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and pounded 1-inch thick Add to list
- Oil, for the pan Add to list
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds Add to list
In a small bowl, combine the egg white, arrowroot, mirin, honey and salt. Coat the chicken with the sauce. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours (optional).
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish.
Remove the chicken from the sauce and coat with sliced almonds, pressing gently so they stick. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, and then flip the pieces over. Continue baking until the chicken is cooked through, an additional 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken (the internal temperature should read 165° F on an instant-read thermometer).
Recipe by, PCC Deli
Source: 2014 PCC annual meeting dinner