Thin pieces of chicken are dipped in a light and sweet coating and baked to perfection.
- 1 egg white Add to list
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons mirin rice wine Add to list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons honey Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and pounded 1-inch thick Add to list
- Oil, for the pan Add to list
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds Add to list
In a small bowl, combine egg white, arrowroot, mirin, honey and salt. Coat chicken with the sauce. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours (optional).
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish.
Remove chicken from the sauce and coat with sliced almonds, pressing gently so they stick. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, and then flip the pieces over. Continue baking until chicken is cooked through, an additional 5 to 10 minutes (the internal temperature should read 165° F on an instant-read thermometer).
Recipe by, PCC Deli
Source: 2014 PCC annual meeting dinner