Allspice Pickled Radish Tzatziki Sauce
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups
This sauce is served with Lamb Gyro Skewers with Pistachios and Mint.
- 4 to 6 radishes, trimmed and diced Add to list
- 1 cup diced English cucumber Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3 allspice berries Add to list
- Splash of hot sauce Add to list
- 2 cups thick Greek-style plain yogurt Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint Add to list
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste Add to list
- Grated radishes, lemon wedges and fresh mint, to garnish Add to list
Place radishes in a bowl. Stir in cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, allspice berries and hot sauce. Let marinate for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove allspice and stir in yogurt, garlic, mint and white pepper into the marinated veggies. Add a bit of extra salt if needed.
Garnish with grated radishes, lemon wedges and fresh mint.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated at the 2011 Taste PCC event