Allspice Pickled Radish Tzatziki Sauce
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups
This sauce is served with Lamb Gyro Skewers with Pistachios and Mint.
- 4 to 6 radishes Add to list
- 1 cup diced English cucumber Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3 allspice berries Add to list
- Splash of hot sauce Add to list
- 2 cups thick Greek-style plain yogurt Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint Add to list
- Freshly ground white pepper Add to list
- For garnish: grated radishes, lemon wedges and fresh mint Add to list
Dice the radishes, first cutting off the ends and discarding them. Place in a bowl and stir in the cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, allspice berries and hot sauce. Let marinate for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove the allspice and stir the yogurt, garlic, mint and white pepper into the marinated veggies. Add a bit of extra salt if needed.
Garnish with grated radishes, lemon wedges and fresh mint.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated at the 2011 Taste PCC event
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.