All-purpose Gluten-free Baking Mix
Yield: Makes 5 cups
This baking mix is so easy to make and works well as a basic replacement for wheat flour in most recipes. It's good to have on hand for quick breads, cookies, pancakes, waffles — even calzone crust!
- 1 cup teff flour Add to list
- 1 cup sorghum flour Add to list
- 1 cup brown rice flour Add to list
- 1 cup almond meal Add to list
- 1 cup tapioca flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum, to make baked goods hold together better (optional) Add to list
Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight, glass container in the refrigerator to keep fresh longer.
When substituting this for flour in a recipe, we suggest using half the baking soda the recipe calls for, but the full amount of baking powder — even though this mix already includes both.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor