Adzuki Bean & Butternut Squash Stew
Hearty and extremely nutritious, this stew is quick and easy to make. Adzuki beans and ginger make a zesty treat. Serve with brown or wild rice.
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon shoyu or tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 1 small or medium-sized butternut squash (cut in half or two-thirds), peeled, seeds removed, cut into small chunks Add to list
- 2 cans adzuki beans, drained Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
In a large pot or sauce pan bring broth, ginger, shoyu and sesame oil to a light simmer. Add squash and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is soft. Add beans and mix well, continuing to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Add additional broth if stew becomes too dry.
Recipe by, former PCC staff