15 Minute Spicy Beef with Bulgur
Not only is this dish very tasty, it's quick and easy to prepare — a definite plus for the hot days of summer. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
- 1 1/2 cups prepared bulgur, couscous, rice, millet or noodles Add to list
- 1 tablespoon safflower or canola oil Add to list
- 1 large onion, sliced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 3/4 pound lean beef, cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1/2 cup broth, wine or water Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground oregano, cumin, coriander, allspice Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley Add to list
In a medium skillet, heat the oil, and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
Add the beef, and sauté, stirring it often, just to brown the strips on all sides. Stir in the broth and seasonings, and cook the mixture a few minutes longer.
Serve the beef, sprinkled with parsley, over the prepared bulgur.
Source: Sound Consumer