15 Minute Spicy Beef with Bulgur
Not only is this dish very tasty, it's quick and easy to prepare — a definite plus for the hot days of summer. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
- 1 tablespoon safflower or canola oil Add to list
- 1 large onion, sliced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 3/4 pound lean beef, cut into thin strips Add to list
- 1/2 cup broth, wine or water Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground oregano, cumin, coriander and allspice Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups prepared bulgur, couscous, rice, millet or noodles Add to list
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add beef and sauté, stirring often, just to brown the strips on all sides. Stir in broth and seasonings, and cook the mixture a few minutes longer.
Serve beef, sprinkled with parsley, over the prepared bulgur.