This easy stir-fry cooks very fast, so have everything prepared before you start. For the vegetables, shop seasonally and buy what's fresh and appeals to you.
- 3 tablespoons canola or sunflower oil Add to list
- 4 cups mixed vegetables (see note below) Add to list
- 1 package Soy Deli Baked Tofu, sesame-ginger flavor, cut in bite-sized cubes Add to list
- 1/2 cup Annie’s Organic Asian Sesame Dressing Add to list
- 2 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
Heat oil over high heat in a wok or sauté pan. Add hard vegetables. Toss and stir-fry until they begin to soften. (Add a few tablespoons water if they need help softening.)
Add softer veggies and tofu cubes; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the leafy greens, Annie’s dressing and ginger. Stir-fry until the greens wilt. Remove from heat. Stir in the toasted sesame oil, add sea salt to taste. Serve over rice.
Note: Choose a colorful selection of vegetables. Here are some options: Onion, leek, mushroom, sweet pepper, squash, rutabaga, carrot, yam, snap peas, cucumber, celery, spinach, chard, bok choy. Peel if needed, and cut into thin slices or large matchstick pieces; tear greens. Separate the veggies by how long they take to cook: 1) hard vegetables like carrots, yams, winter squash and chard stems 2) softer veggies like peppers, onions, celery or snap peas, and 3) leafy greens.
Recipe by, PCC staff member
Source: PCC Natural Markets April 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »