Reply to comment
Can you believe it's already the end of another year? But time's speedy passage has delivered yet another golden opportunity to eat and sip something wonderful. Here are some tips and recipes to get you started as we prepare to welcome 2012!
Wine quick links:
- Find wine pairings for a variety of holiday meals here
- Click on the "seasonal sips" tab for plenty of affordable sparkling wines
- Hear PCC Wine Guy Jeff Cox's additional sparkling recommendations
Appetizer quick links:
- Learn to transform local cheese into easy appetizers
- Find plenty of recipes, including Honeyed Nuts, Artichoke Bits and Spice-Candied Pears
- Watch PCC Chef Lynne Vea make a variety of delicious snacks, from Simple Chocolate Truffles to Oven Roasted Jalapeno Poppers, in this series of videos
Lucky foods at the dawn of a new year
Growing up, Mom raised us to eat long noodles for a long life, as well as plenty of fresh mochi and other special New Year treats. My friends from El Salvador eat 12 grapes at midnight, making a wish as they gulp each one. My Southern husband grew up eating black eyed peas, a key ingredient in a popular New Year's dish called Hoppin' John. Here's a great post from blogger Seasonal Wisdom about New Year traditions around the globe, as well as a fun piece from Epicurious about lucky New Year eats.
No matter how you celebrate, we wish you a delicious 2012!