Is sugar toxic? More about sugar and sweeteners
Did you catch the recent 60 Minutes piece on sugar? If you have, no doubt you're pondering your own relationship with sweeteners. Here are a few popular resources from PCC to help you learn more about this sticky-sweet subject.
- Read more about natural sweeteners including honey, agave, barley malt syrup, and maple syrup in this PCC product how-to brochure.
- Wondering how to kick the sugar craving? Look no farther than this helpful Sound Consumer article from local naturopath Tom Ballard.
- Even better for those trying to quit sugar: take a PCC Cooks class on this very topic! Space is still available this spring for Tame Your Sugar Beast with instructors Birgitte Antonson and Karen Lamphere.
- Our staff nutrition educator, Nick Rose, speaks in greater depth about added sugars and how to strike a healthy balance in your diet in this Ask the Nutritionist podcast.
- For those searching for a less-processed version of sugar for your cooking and baking, check out this great list from Sound Consumer co-editor Eli Penberthy.