Snowbound snacks to make winter warm
Chilly, stormy weather is the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen. Warm your belly and your soul with these fun takes on everyday snacks.
Black Bean and Yam Quesadillas. Mmm...
- Spiced Hot Cocoa is just the ticket to keep cozy as you're hunkering down.
- Settling in to watch a movie? Try Maple-Glazed Popcorn. Take it to the next level with a sprinkle of crispy bacon. If you're a popcorn fan, don't miss our toppings suggestions.
- Keep your hands warm today with Masala Chai you can simmer on your stovetop from scratch. Pour the extra into a thermos and take along as you hike to the sledding hill, bus stop or on your errands.
- Tired of the same-old quesadillas? Change things up with black beans and pumpkin seeds. Or, try black beans and yam.
- For a healthy snack, roast cauliflower with curry powder. Or try Chili and Garlic-Roasted Broccoli. Those of you with leafy greens in your crisper: there's always time for kale chips!
All of us at PCC hope you're safe and warm wherever you may be reading this. Have a favorite snow day snack? Please share!