International food writers explore PCC
At the request of the Organic Trade Association, PCC played host last week to nine international food writers who traveled here to learn about organic food and the organic certification process in our country. The group hailed predmoninantly from Korea and China, and represented food and lifestyle publications that ranged from Marie Claire and Epicure to the Korea Daily and Kyunghyang Daily newspapers.
Our organic produce is ready for its close-up.
They also enjoyed a killer lunch from the Edmonds PCC deli! Here's the menu, just for fun:
- Roasted Thundering Hooves Grass-fed Top Sirloin With Chanterelle Bordelaise
- Pan Roasted Fraser River Sockeye with Thai Glaze and Spicy Cucumber Salad
- Grilled Local Sunburst Squash with Mint
- Local Organic Cheeses with Fig Balsamic Confiture
- Washington Riesling Poached Peaches with House-made Ginger Cookies
Yum! The deli even made the garnish: Those lacy, chocolate swirls!