Explore our fresh and easy how-to videos!
Many of us at PCC wear more than one hat. P.J. Cawley, produce coordinator at our Redmond store, is a prime example. It's not enough that he's a leader for staff and a font of knowledge for shoppers. No, now he's going to share his vast produce knowledge with all of you!
P.J. demonstrates how to look for the telltale golden spot of a melon that spent more time ripening on its vine.
Be sure to explore our whole series of fresh and easy how-to videos we've dubbed PCC Quick Bites. You'll find quick, helpful tips on topics including:
- How to select perfectly ripe watermelons, cantaloupes, honeydew and crenshaw melons
- How to know when an avocado is ripe, and, how to slice it
- The safest way to slice up watermelon for a fruit salad
- How to grind your own fresh peanut butter in our bulk department
Keep checking back, because here's a look at upcoming PCC Quick Bites!
- Which apples are best for a) eating out of hand b) cooking or c) baking?
- The right mushroom for each recipe
- How to select and slice fresh pineapple
- How to select a perfectly ripe mango
We welcome your suggestions! What would you like to learn about?