Books: Most popular titles at PCC
We're voracious readers here at PCC. Many a bookshelf in our office is as full as this one, with tomes about cooking, eating, alternative medicine, gardening, hiking, agriculture and much more.
I'm always fascinated to know which books we carry are most popular with our shoppers. Without further ado, our top-sellers through last week of the 200-plus titles we carry in our stores.
Top 10 sellers overall
1. "Feeding the Whole Family" by Cynthia Lair.
2. "B is for Beer" by Tom Robbins.
3. "The Backyard Homstead" by Carleen Madigan.
4. "Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.
5."Flying Apron's Gluten-Free and Vegan Baking Book" by Jennifer Katzinger, Kathryn Barnard and Shauna James Ahern.
6. "Washington Local and Seasonal Cookbook" by Becky Selengut, Jen Sayers Bajger, James Darcy and Jennifer Ogle.
7. "Maritime Northwest Garden Guide" by Carl Elliott and Rob Peterson.
8. "Larry Gets Lost in Seattle" by John Skewes.
9. "Juice Lady's Guide to Juicing for Health" by Cherie Calbom.
10. "Guide to Gardening in the Pacific Northwest" by Carol W. Hall and Norman E. Hall.
The top cookbook: "Feeding the Whole Family" by Cynthia Lair.
The top health book: "Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing for Life" by Cherie Calbom and John Calbom
The top herb and garden book: "The Backyard Homestead" by Carleen Madigan.
The top children's book: "Larry Gets Lost in Seattle" by John Skewes.
(Selection varies by store. Call your local PCC to check on supply).
Which have you read? What do you recommend and why? What's your favorite book from PCC? As for me, my sister-in-law was very happy to receive "Vegan Soul Kitchen" by Bryant Terry for Christmas. I'm thinking of getting the yoga fans in my life "Sleeping Bag Yoga" by Erin Widman. I'm also intrigued by "The Dutch Oven Cookbook" by Sharon Kramis and Julie Kramis-Hearne. I'm amazed by how much that one pot can cook, even delicious sticky rice! I learned that at Shojin Japanese Cooking class with PCC Cooks last week. Can't wait to try it.