One easy recipe for late summer's bounty
Stumped on what to do with all the great local produce this time of year? Need a fresh, crunchy salad as a side to a heavier dish? Have I got the solution for you! This super simple PCC Summer Vegetable Salad, developed by our PCC deli.
The ingredients, seated above on my kitchen counter:
- 3 chopped English cucumbers
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 pint chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1/2 pound cubed Israeli feta cheese
- 1/2 bunch chopped parsley (I prefer Italian)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine prepared vegetables and cubed Israeli feta in a large bowl. Mix lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with vegetables and salt and pepper.
We enjoyed it last night with Swedish meatballs and rice. Good stuff.