Fresh Forecast: Organic nectarines, grapes and vine tomatoes
I can't stop eating these organic grapes that just came into our stores. I'm a picky grape person. They need to be sweet but not too much so. They need to have a pleasing pop between my teeth. They can't have a sour aftertaste. It's also great if they're not gigantic.
Here's what else is flowing in our stores, courtesy of PCC produce guru Joe Hardiman. Love this time of year! Though it'll be even better when our local orchards and berry patches start bearing fruit in the weeks to come.
- Organic blueberries from California (pancake time!)
- Organic red flame and green seedless grapes (the ideal roadtrip snack)
- Organic yellow peaches (try 'em on the grill topped with a bit of brown sugar)
- Organic nectarines (I've been eating these when I'm not eating grapes. Good and nectar-y, and from the farm of Dick Kauffman in Kingsburg, Calif.)
- Local organic red and green leaf lettuce from Rent's Due Ranch in Stanwood, Wash.
- Organic vine tomatoes from Vancouver, B.C.
- Organic red and Yukon gold potatoes