Open daily 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Open regular hours on Thanksgiving Eve and closed on Thanksgiving Day.
11435 Avondale Rd. N.E.
Redmond, WA 98052
From I-5: Merge onto WA-520 E. at exit 168B. Continue east on WA-520 E. for 13 miles. Stay to the left and continue past the Redmond Way exit as WA-520 E. becomes the Avondale Road exit. Continue through two lights as the exit becomes Avondale Road N.E., and drive another 1.8 miles. PCC is on the left.
Transit bus schedules:
For Metro bus schedules and trip planning, go to http://metro.kingcounty.gov or call 206-553-3000.
For Sound Transit schedules and trip planning, go to http://www.soundtransit.org/.
Bike racks are available at all our stores.
About this location
This store opened in May of 2006. Eco-elements include:
- First U.S. store to receive LEED Gold certification.
- Twenty-eight skylights with special glazing allow 65 percent of light to enter while blocking 64 percent of the sun's heat.
- General lighting is only 0.21 watts per square foot, which is 86 percent below Washington State Energy Code. All fluorescent lamps have low mercury content.
- A connected loop uses waste heat from the refrigeration system in space heating and hot water heating systems.
- The refrigerant is R-407a, a gas that doesn’t contain CFCs or deplete the ozone layer.
- Plumbing and refrigeration pipes are made from 100 percent recycled copper.
- Structural steel is 83 percent recycled content.
- Custom cabinets are made from 100 percent recycled fiber.
- Clay and glass tiles in restrooms and prep areas are 50 percent to 100 percent recycled content.
- The interior wall paint used contains no formaldehyde, and has very low VOCs.
- All building products that entered the store were screened for low VOCs to virtually eliminate introduction of harmful chemicals.
- Mechanical systems provide positively pressurized, filtered fresh air to the store year-round.
- Food bank partners include Redmond Hopelink Food Bank, Community Resource Network, Einstein Elementary School, HERO House and Washington Cathedral.