Open daily 6 a.m. to midnight
All stores will close at 7 p.m. on Christmas Eve and all stores will be closed on Christmas Day.
600 N. 34th St.
Seattle, WA 98103
Free underground parking
From I-5: Take the NE 45th St. exit. Head westbound on 45th St. Turn left at Stone Way, right at N 34th St. The store is on the right just after Fremont Ave. N, at the corner of N 34th St and Evanston St. Our underground parking entrance is off Evanston Street.
From Highway 99 (north-bound): Take the Greenlake Way N/Zoo exit. Take left at the light, immediately moving into the right lane. Turn left at the light onto Fremont Ave N, then right on N 34th St. The store is on the right at the corner of N 34th St and Evanston St. Free parking in our underground parking entrance off Evanston Street.
From Highway 99 (south-bound): Take the NE 46th St. exit. After the stop sign, move immediately to the left lane and turn left at first light, onto Fremont Ave N, then right on N 34th St. The store is on the right at the corner of N 34th St and Evanston St. Free parking in our underground parking entrance off Evanston Street.
Metro Bus: For detailed Metro bus schedules and trip planning, go to http://metro.kingcounty.gov or call 206-553-3000.
Bike racks are available at all our stores. See the Seattle Bicycling Guide Map at www.ci.seattle.wa.us/transportation/bikemaps.htm
About this location
This store opened in June of 2003 and was remodeled in 2014. The eco-elements include:
- PCC was Seattle’s first business to install photovoltaic panels to produce electricity.
- Solar selective glass reduces heat gain by 50 percent, allowing the air conditioning to be downsized by 20 percent.
- Lighting is 2.48 watts per square foot, 17 percent below Washington State Energy Code. All fluorescent lamps have low mercury content.
- The hydraulic oil for the elevator is biodegradable canola oil instead of a petroleum product.
- A connected loop uses waste heat from the refrigeration system in space heating and hot water heating systems.
- The refrigerant is R-407a, a gas that doesn’t contain CFCs or deplete the ozone layer.
- Air conditioning uses falling water to provide natural cooling.
- Structural steel is 100 percent recycled content.
- Custom cabinets are made from 93 percent agricultural wheat chaff.
- Office ceiling tiles are made from 100 percent agricultural aspen fiber waste.
- Mechanical systems provide positively pressurized, filtered fresh air to the store year-round.
- The interior wall paint used contains no formaldehyde, and has very low VOCs.
- The linoleum flooring is a natural product made from cork, linseed oil, jute, and wood.
- Food bank partnerships with Family Works Food Bank, St. James Cathedral and Food Not Bombs.