Please call your Congressional representatives TODAY to get more local and organic food into our schools!
Congress is in session for just a few more weeks and we need the Childhood Nutrition Reauthorization Act to pass. It's quick and easy to call!
The Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act includes:
- Mandatory funding for Farm to School program grants ($40 million)
- "Organic Food in Schools" pilot project grants
- A 6-cent increase in the federal reimbursement rate for school lunches
- National nutrition standards for all foods sold on school campuses throughout the school day
- After-school meal program expansion
Please use one minute of your day to call your Congressional representatives and ask them to support and pass this important legislation.
Leave a brief message with the aide who answers, ready to give your name and zip code if asked, so they can verify that you live in their district.
Washington representatives are:
Representative Jay Inslee — 1st District: 800-422-5521
Representative Rick Larsen — 2nd District: 800-562-1385
Representative Brian Baird — 3rd District: 202-225-3536
Representative Doc Hastings — 4th District: 202-225-5816
Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers — 5th District: 202-225-2006
Representative Norm Dicks — 6th District: 800-947-NORM
Representative Jim McDermott — 7th District: 202-225-3106
Representative Dave Reichert — 8th District: 202-225-7761 or toll-free: 877-920-9208
Representative Adam Smith — 9th District: 202-225-8901 or toll-free: 888-Smith09
Thanks for making the call!
Trudy Bialic and Eli Penberthy
PCC Public Affairs