Free fruit for kids at PCC
Kids ages 12 and under enjoy a free serving of a fruit or vegetable every time they visit PCC.
Just let the PCC produce staff know what your child would like to try and we'll be happy to wash and/or cut the item of your choice.
Each month/season, we'll be highlighting a different fruit and vegetable as the Kid Picks seasonal feature. Encourage your children to give these items a try; they'll be eating (and enjoying) a rainbow of produce in no time!
Featured fruit and vegetable of the month
Asparagus Add to list
- Ravioli and Asparagus Salad
- Sesame-Rolled Asparagus
- First-of-the-season Organic Asparagus with Penne Pasta, Tuscan Style
- Under ideal conditions, an asparagus spear can grow 10" in a 24-hour period.
- The larger the diameter, the better the quality!
- Asparagus comes in green, white and purple.
Strawberries Add to list
- There are more than 600 varieties of strawberries.
- Strawberries are the only fruit to carry seeds on the outside. There are more than 200 seeds on each berry!
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C!