Free fruit for kids at PCC
Kids ages 12 and under enjoy a free serving of a fruit or vegetable every time they visit PCC.
Just let the PCC produce staff know what your child would like to try and we'll be happy to wash and/or cut the item of your choice.
Each month/season, we'll be highlighting a different fruit and vegetable as the Kid Picks seasonal feature. Encourage your children to give these items a try; they'll be eating (and enjoying) a rainbow of produce in no time!
Featured fruit and vegetable of the month
Blueberries Add to list
- Blueberries are native to North America.
- Native Americans once called them "star berries" because the berry’s blossoms make a star shape.
- Blueberries are one of a very small number of foods that are naturally blue in color.
Avocado Add to list
- Avocados are a fruit, not a vegetable!
- Hass avocados are grown year-round.
- Avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit, and more potassium than a banana!