Wild Rice Salad with Smoked Turkey
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1/2 lb smoked turkey breast, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbs hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Dressing:1/4 cup orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan and stir in wild rice. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally. Cook for 1 hour or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place rice, turkey, celery, and cranberries in a bowl and mix together.
- Prepare dressing: combine orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, water, mustard, and Worcester sauce in a bowl; stir well. Pour over rice mixture; toss well. Cover and chill.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.