Wild Rice and Pumpkin Gratin
- 1 2 pound pumpkin peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¾ cup wild rice
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 bunch fresh chopped thyme
- 3 Tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Oil a 7 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place pumpkin cubes in a large bowl. Scatter the wild rice, cheese, flour, and garlic over the top. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Toss all of the ingredients together, making sure the pumpkin cubes are well coated. Top with breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until pumpkin is tender when pierced with tip of a knife and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. If the top has not browned sufficiently, raise oven temperature, to 425 degrees and back another few minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.