Wild Rice and Pork Soup
- 2 boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1 15 1/2 oz can Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 15 1/2 oz can chick peas, drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth
- parsley, chopped
- To make one cup cooked wild rice, bring to a boil 1 1/3 cups water (or broth) with 1/3 cup wild rice; cover, lower heat and simmer for 35-45 minutes. Refrigerate until using.
- In 4-quart saucepan sauté onions and pork in oil over medium-high heat until onions are soft and pork lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients except parsley; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 20 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with buttered rye bread, celery and carrot sticks and fresh fruit.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.