Whole Roasted Barramundi with Black & White Truffle
- 1 small whole barramundi, scaled and gutted (1 - 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 medium black truffle, sliced thin
- 1 Tbs white truffle oil
- 1 Tbs of sea salt
- 1 pinch of fresh, ground pepper
- 1 whole, roasted yellow tomato
- 1/2 cup saffron basmati rice
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 1 small bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 small bunch of fresh oregano
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot, rough chopped
- For Roasted BarramundiPre-heat oven to 400° F. Remove head from fish, clean and pat dry. Cut 6-7 small incisions in thickest part of fish. Stuff incisions with truffle slices and fresh, whole oregano leaves.
- Generously season the fish with salt and pepper inside and out and rub with white truffle oil. Fill fish cavity with rosemary and oregano.
- Roast in 400° F oven 10-12 minutes, or until done (should be flakey and delicate).
- Drizzle truffle vinaigrette (recipe below) around fish on plate. Serve with whole roasted tomato, saffron rice and roasted Japanese eggplant.
- For Truffle VinaigrettePuree olive oil, 3 slices of black truffle, shallot, and vinegar in blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.