White Pizza with Purple Fingerling Mashed Potatoes
- 1 16 oz ball of pizza dough (buy premade or make your own)
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 Tbs caramelized onion oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp flour
- Salt and pepper to tase
- 2 Tbs caramelized onions
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup purple fingerling mashed potatoes
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of your oven and preheat to 500°F. The hotter the oven, the better the pizza!
- In a saucepan, heat the caramelized onion olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the green onions, rosemary, and garlic, and sauté for about a minute. Adding your milk and flour, whisk until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using the turn and toss method, stretch out your pizza dough until it is as thin as it will get without breaking apart.
- Carefully remove the pizza stone from the oven and stretch the pizza dough across it. Quickly spread the reserved white sauce over the pizza.
- Top with caramelized onions and dollops of ricotta cheese and mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and place the pizza stone back in the oven. It is important to top the pizza quickly so the pizza stone does not lose much of its heat.
- Bake until the crust is lightly charred and the cheese is bubbling, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.