White Chocolate, Apricot, and Pistachio Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 9×13-inch glass dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate and butter are melted and fully combined, turn off heat. With the bowl still on top of the saucepan, stir in sugars. Once combined, remove from heat.
- Whisk three eggs into chocolate mixture. Add remaining eggs and vanilla and almond extracts and continue to whisk until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, combine flour mixture and fold until flour is fully mixed in. Add pistachios and apricots and stir lightly just to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared 9×13 baking dish. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Rotate dish and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.