White Beans and Sun-Dried Tomato
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2/3 cups cannellini beans, cooked (one 15-ounce can, drained)
- 16 oz mixed salad greens (one 16-ounce bag)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves, dried
- Dressing:3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare sun-dried tomatoes by soaking in water for 15–30 minutes until soft.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl or jar, combine oil, red wine, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, add one Tbsp dressing to beans and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine salad mix with basil and the remaining dressing and gently toss.
- Arrange greens on individual salad plates and spoon beans on top. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.