Warming Chicken and Asian Vegetable Soup
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless, cut into thin slivers
- 8 cups (2 qts) chicken broth
- 1 Tbs chili paste
- 1 piece ginger, about 4 inches wide, unpeeled, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, place chicken broth, chili paste, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.
- In another large pot, place chicken slices and carrots. Strain heated broth over chicken and carrots. Simmer over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Stir in snow peas; simmer 1 minute. Stir in scallions, bean sprouts and mint; simmer an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.