Warm White Bean Salad
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, butt-end removed, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs chicken broth
- 1 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 cups great northern white beans, cooked
- 2/3 cup olives, halved
- 2 tsp sage, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper, ground
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepot. Add brussel sprouts and cook for 3-5 minutes until bright green and just tender. Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add well-drained sprouts and red onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden and onions are tender. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Turn heat down to low and pour in chicken broth and vinegar. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.