Warm Pork and Spinach Salad
- 1 lb pork loin, boneless, cut into thin strips
- 1 lb fresh spinach, coarsely shredded
- 3 cups watercress sprigs
- 1 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grapes, seedless
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 Tbs dry white wine
- 2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs sesame seed, toasted
- In small saucepan, combine Italian dressing, wine, mustard, and brown sugar; heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly; set aside.
- Spray nonstick skillet with vegetable spray; stir-fry pork strips until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- In large serving bowl toss together pork, spinach, watercress, celery, grapes, green onion, water chestnuts and apple. Pour half of reserved dressing over salad; toss, garnish with sesame seed. Serve with remaining dressing and warm dinner rolls.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.