Warm Lemon Chicken over Panzanella Salad with Basil Aioli
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, divided
- 5 cups country Italian-style bread, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 English cucumber, cut in 1/2-inch slices and then quartered
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cored and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup large black olives, halved
- 2 cups cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz sharp provolone cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 basil sprigs
- 2 lemon slices
- Hot Dressing1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Basil Aioli1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place chicken in large bowl. In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Stir in ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper. Pour mixture over chicken; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Spread bread cubes on two baking pans and toast in 400° F oven about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. In large bowl, place red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olive, cannelloni beans and provolone cheese.
- Heat large grill pan over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on hot grill pan, lower heat to medium high and cook about 8-9 minutes. Turn chicken and cook about 10-12 more minutes or until thermometer reaches 165° F. Remove to cutting board; cover with foil.
- Add bread crumbs to bowl of vegetables; stir to mix well. Reheat dressing over high heat about 1 minute; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves; toss again and arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Slice chicken crosswise into ½-inch slices and arrange over salad. Spoon Basil Aioli over top of chicken and garnish platter with basil sprigs and lemon slices.
- Hot Dressing:In small saucepan, heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium high heat. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and cook about 2 minutes to soften. Lower heat to medium and whisk in ¼ cup red wine vinegar; 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice; 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard; ½ teaspoon lemon zest; ½ teaspoon salt; and ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Basil Aioli:In bowl of food processor or blender, place ½ cup mayonnaise; ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves; ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest; 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice; and ¼ teaspoon salt. Pulse or blend to mix well and finely chop basil; remove to small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.