Walnut-Crusted Roast with Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 1 beef eye round roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Walnut Crust1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbs finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine Walnut Crust ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile combine mashed potatoes and cheese in large bowl; keep warm.
- Carve beef roast into thin slices; season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Ingredient Tip: Any type of prepared mashed potatoes may be used in this recipe: instant, refrigerated, frozen or homemade.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.