Vietnamese Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped or grated
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 5 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked vermicielli or bean thread noodles
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 16 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Spicy Sauce5 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs Thai or Vietnamese hot sauce, or any hot sauce
- 5 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, warm peanut oil. Add onion, ginger and garlic; sauté until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add ground chicken and sauté until cooked throughout, about 5 minutes, breaking up chicken meat as it cooks.
- Add carrot, scallions, water chestnuts and mushrooms; cook for additional 3 minutes. Add fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and cayenne pepper. Mix well and remove from heat. Stir in noodles, peanuts and chopped cilantro. Toss well to combine. Transfer to large serving bowl and keep warm.
- Combine all Spicy Sauce ingredients in small serving bowl; whisk well. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons chicken mixture over or on top of each lettuce leaf; drizzle with one teaspoon sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.