Vegetarian Pad Thai with Peanuts
- 1/2 oz udon, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 scallions, sliced diagonally into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mung bean sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Combine tamari, vinegar, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk until well-combined.
- Heat 1 tsp (15mL) oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook eggs over medium heat, stirring, until set. Remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add 2 tsp (10mL) oil. Add green onions, sprouts, garlic and red pepper. Sauté 1 minute. Add tofu and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet, tossing with a large fork to combine ingredients. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture and eggs. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.