- Cassoulet:2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large red potato, diced
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 15-ounce (425g) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 14 1/2-ounce (415g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Bread Crumb Topping:2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 thick slices French bread
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). In a large skillet, sauté onion, carrot and potato in olive oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper; sauté another minute. Combine vegetables with bay leaf, beans, tomatoes and vegetable broth in a large, lightly oiled casserole dish. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- To make bread crumb topping, combine olive oil, bread, parsley and garlic in a food processor; puree on high until finely crumbled.
- Remove cassoulet from oven and take out bay leaf. Raise oven temperature to 400°F (205°C). Sprinkle half the bread crumbs on top; bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove cassoulet from oven; stir bread crumb topping into beans. Top with remaining bread crumbs. Bake another 15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.