Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ginger root, minced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (white or shiitake)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- Mix together broth and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add garlic and ginger root and stir fry for 1 minute. Add carrots and broccoli and continue stirring over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Add celery and cook for 1–2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and sprouts, stir fry for 1 minute. Add rice and broth mixture and continue to stir fry until rice is heated through.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.