Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 2 Tbs beef bouillon granules
- 28 oz canned tomatoes, chopped (one 28-ounce can)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (2 carrots), sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat. (This browning process produces a rich broth, so don’t hurry.) Add onions to pot and cook until soft.
- Stir in water and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, celery, and cabbage, and simmer covered for 30–60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen vegetables and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.