Vegan Coconut Cream Pie Shake
- 1 piece fresh or frozen coconut meat, 2-inchs square by 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 ripe, frozen banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs graham cracker crumbs (vegan)
- 1 Tbs toasted coconut flakes
- agave nectar, sweeten to taste (optional)
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Combine coconut meat, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, banana, vanilla, agave nectar (optional), graham cracker crumbs, and ice cubes in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Top with soy- or dairy-based whip cream, sprinkle with additional graham crackers, and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
Nutrition Note: Whip cream is not included in the nutrition facts.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.