Tuscan Pork Stir-Fry
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups Italian green beans, frozen, cut, thawed
- 1 small white onion, cut into 1/2-wide wedges and separated
- 6 oz cremini, sliced or sliced portabella mushrooms, halved
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 16 oz tube refrigerated plain-flavored polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices and quartered
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over high heat; stir-fry pork for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet with slotted spoon; cover to keep warm.
- Add beans to skillet; stir-fry for 1 minute. Push beans to side of skillet; add 1 tablespoon oil to center of skillet. Add onion and mushrooms; stir-fry all vegetables for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Stir together tomatoes, cornstarch, sugar, salt and basil. Add to skillet; bring to boil. Add polenta. Cook, stirring gently, over high heat for 1 minute. Return all to skillet; cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute. Transfer to shallow pasta serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with a side of garlic bread.
Cooking Tip: To easily slice pork tenderloin into thin slices, partially freeze tenderloin about 1 hour or until it is firm, but not hard.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.