Tuscan Halibut in Foil
- 4 5 ounce halibut steaks, skin removed
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Cut four 12-inch square pieces of aluminum foil and set aside.
- Pat the halibut steaks dry with paper towels. Place one steak in the middle of each piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the zucchini, squash, olives, cheese, olive oil, and basil in a bowl. Divide the mixture evenly and place on top of the halibut steaks (about 1/2 cup per serving). Fold the foil and seal the edges with narrow folds.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes.
- Open the packets (be careful of the steam!), place on individual plates, and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.