Tuna, Broccoli, and White Bean Skillet Dinner
- 4 cups bunch broccoli, cut in 1 inch florets, or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 1 (6 ounce) can light tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the broccoli 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Plunge it immediately into a bowl of ice water or run cold water over it until it is chilled. Drain well and set aside.
- In a deep, medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 1 minute, then mix in the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until the onion is soft, 3 minutes longer. Add the tuna, breaking it into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the broccoli, beans, and tomatoes to the skillet, and cook 4 minutes, until they are heated through. Season with salt and pepper, and serve. If there are leftovers, serve them at room temperature as a salad.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.