Tropical Pork Kabobs
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 wooden skewers, (soak in water before using), or metal skewers
- 1 15 oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges
- In a small saucepan, mix together the marmalade, orange juice, honey and cinnamon. Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles gently. Divide pork cubes into 4 equal parts and thread on 4 skewers. Fill remaining 4 kabobs with pineapple, bananas, and mandarin oranges. Place fruit kabobs on large plate and coat with glaze. Spoon remaining glaze over pork kabobs. Grill or broil pork about 4 inches from heat source for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with fruit kabobs.
Cooking Tip: Teens can get the kabobs ready for the grill and the younger chefs can help fix the salad and breadsticks to complete the meal.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.