Tropical Chipotle Chicken Skewers
- 3/4 cup low-sodium ketchup
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 32 (about 1 cup) olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup cubed pineapple (1-inch)
- 8 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in warm water
- Process ketchup, pineapple juice, chilies and garlic in bowl of food processor. Stir in cilantro. Reserve 1 cup sauce for dipping. Pour remaining chipotle sauce into large bowl and combine with chicken. Cover, refrigerate to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare skewers by threading each with a olive, pineapple chunk and a piece of marinated chicken. Repeat pattern 2 times, then finish each skewer with 1 more olives.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes, turning to cook evenly. Serve 2 skewers on each plate accompanied with 1/4 cup of dipping sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.