Treviso, Fig & Pear Steak Salad
- 1 beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large heads Treviso radicchio, cut lengthwise in half
- 6 fresh figs, stems removed, cut in half
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear, cored, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- Place beef steak, 1/3 cup vinaigrette and pepper in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning once.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Brush radicchio and figs lightly with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange radicchio and figs around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 13 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill radicchio 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 6 to 8 minutes ) and figs 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 3 to 6 minutes) or until radicchio is tender and figs soften and begin to brown, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Remove and discard cores from radicchio; coarsely chop. Season beef and radicchio with salt, as desired. Arrange radicchio, steak, figs, and pear slices on platter; top with remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette and pistachios.
Substitution Tip: Two heads regular red-leaved radicchio may be substituted for Treviso radicchio. Grilling time remains the same.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.