Tortilla Toasts with Avo-Olive Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbs low-fat milk
- 4 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- In a medium sized bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Place tortilla in egg mixture and soak for 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the pan and cook for 2 minutes until golden, then flip and continue cooking on remaining side for 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- To serve, place 1 tortilla on each plate and serve with approximately 3/4 cup of salsa.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.