- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups shredded nonfat mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
- 1 Tbs grated high-quality parmesan cheese
- 8 or 9 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried, and roughly torn
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the broiler. Spray the broiling pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Core the tomatoes and slice each crosswise into 4 even slices. Lay 4 of the tomato slices on the broiling pan and sprinkle with half the mozzarella and all the parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with olives and basil leaves and top with the remaining tomato slices.
- Broil about 6 inches from the heat for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove the broiling pan and sprinkle the top tomato slices with the rest of the cheese. Broil for about 2 minutes longer or until the cheese melts over the top of the tomato stacks. Using a spatula, transfer the tomato stacks to a serving platter and drizzle each with about 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.