Tomato-Fennel Chicken Thighs with Cauliflower and Olives
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 lemon, grated for zest
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 Tbs parsley, chopped
- In large pot over high heat, warm olive oil. Add chicken and brown on both sides, cooking for about 3 - 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from heat; reduce heat to low. Pour off excess oil. Add to same pot garlic and 1 tablespoon white wine. Cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining wine, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and olives.
- Return chicken to pot; increase heat to high. Bring sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover pot. Simmer 25 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets. Simmer cauliflower and chicken together 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower is tender.
- To serve, spoon chicken onto serving platter and top with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.