Tomato Fennel Braised Chicken
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 (4-5 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium bulbs fennel, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 2 Tbs thinly sliced garlic
- 1 lb plum tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tbs chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large high sided, oven proof, sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a clean plate. Place fennel in pan and brown for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, add tomatoes, olives, chicken broth, wine and rosemary and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover, place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.