Toaster French Toast
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 slices day-old white OR whole wheat bread
- butter, optional
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Beat eggs and milk in large bowl until blended. Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Place 6 bread slices in pan; turn slices over and let stand until egg mixture is absorbed.
- Place bread in single layer on well-greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and bread, using a second baking sheet.
- Bake in 500°F oven 6 minutes. Turn slices over; spread with butter, if desired. Bake until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 3 to 4 minutes longer. Serve or freeze for later use.
- To freeze: Cool French toast on wire racks. Return to baking sheets; freeze in single layer 1 to 2 hours. Wrap well, individually or stacked; freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat frozen French toast: Single servings can be reheated in the toaster. To reheat more servings, unwrap slices, place on baking sheets and bake in preheated 375°F oven until hot, 8 to 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.