Tilapia With Cheesy Roasted Pepper-Chipotle Rice
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tilapia or snapper filets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tbs butter or margarine
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 3/4 cup shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Place red peppers in blender or food processor; puree until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of fish. Melt butter and oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Set aside on separate plate; cover to keep warm. To pan drippings, add pureed peppers and salsa; bring to boil. Remove 1/4 cup salsa mixture; set aside. Stir rice into remaining salsa mixture in skillet; cook until heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and olives; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon rice on platter around fish; spoon reserved sauce over fish. Garnish with additional olives, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.