Thai Yellow Curry with Veggies, Cashews and Tofu
- 2-3 cups light coconut milk
- 3-4 Tbs high-quality curry powder
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3-5 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 oz firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews, toasted
- 1/8- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 handful of cilantro, loosely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- A sprinkling of cardamom and a pinch of pepper
- Brown rice for serving
- Cut all your veggies. Saute the onion and 2 cloves chopped garlic in 1/2 tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp curry powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut milk to the onion mixture, bring to simmer and work out any clumps. Stir in the tofu and cook for a few minutes until the tofu has absorbed most of the flavors. Simmer the liquid on low heat until it has cooked down slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the broccoli, asparagus, and pepper (or whatever veggies you use) with 2 cloves chopped garlic over medium heat. Add salt, cayenne, and remaining curry power/cumin and other spices to taste. Cook until veggies are crisp.
- Pour tofu/coconut milk mixture over veggies (in the pan) and stir to combine.
- Add additional spices as needed. Cook through for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cashews. Serve with brown rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.